Welcome to my personal website. Below you will find my resume and academic publications. There are also links to some of my sysadmin HOWTOs.
I contribute to various open source projects:
- David E. Shaw, Peter J. Adams, Asaph Azaria, Joseph A. Bank, Brannon Batson, Alistair Bell, Michael Bergdorf, Jhanvi Bhatt, J. Adam Butts, Timothy Correia, Robert M. Dirks, Ron O. Dror, Michael P. Eastwood, Bruce Edwards, Amos Even, Peter Feldmann, Michael Fenn, Christopher H. Fenton, Anthony Forte, Joseph Gagliardo, Gennette Gill, Maria Gorlatova, Brian Greskamp, J.P. Grossman, Justin Gullingsrud, Anissa Harper, William Hasenplaugh, Mark Heily, Benjamin Colin Heshmat, Jeremy Hunt, Douglas J. Ierardi, Lev Iserovich, Bryan L. Jackson, Nick P. Johnson, Mollie M. Kirk, John L. Klepeis, Jeffrey S. Kuskin, Kenneth M. Mackenzie, Roy J. Mader, Richard McGowen, Adam McLaughlin, Mark A. Moraes, Mohamed H. Nasr, Lawrence J. Nociolo, Lief O'Donnell, Andrew Parker, Jon L. Peticolas, Goran Pocina, Cristian Predescu, Terry Quan, John K. Salmon, Carl Schwink, Keun Sup Shim, Naseer Siddique, Jochen Spengler, Tamas Szalay, Raymond Tabladillo, Reinhard Tartler, Andrew G. Taube, Michael Theobald, Brian Towles, William Vick, Stanley C. Wang, Michael Wazlowski, Madeleine J. Weingarten, John M. Williams, and Kevin A. Yuh, “Anton 3: Twenty Microseconds of Molecular Dynamics Simulation Before Lunch,” Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC21), New York, NY: ACM, 2021, Article 1, pp. 1–11. Gordon Bell Prize Finalist. Text.
- D.Turner, M. Fenn, and M. Murphy. “Pulley: Secure Administration of Virtual and Remote Computing Systems.” 52nd ACM Southeast Conference (ACMSE '14), Kennesaw, GA, March 2014.
- L. Stout, M. Fenn, M. Murphy, and S. Goasguen. “Scaling Virtual Organization Clusters over a Wide Area Network using the Kestrel Workload Management System.” 4th International Workshop on Virtualization Technologies in Distributed Computing (VTDC 2010), Chicago, IL, June 2010.
- L. Abraham, M. Murphy, M. Fenn, and S. Goasguen. “Self-Provisioned Hybrid Clouds.” 7th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communications (ICAC 2010), Washington, DC, June 2010.
- M. Murphy, L. Abraham, M. Fenn, and S. Goasguen. “Autonomic Clouds on the Grid.” Journal of Grid Computing, 8(1) 1-18, March 2010.
- M. Fenn, S. Goasguen, and J. Lauret. “Contextualization in Practice: The Clemson Experience.” 13th International Workshop on Advanced Computing and Analysis Techniques in Physics Research (ACAT 2010), Jaipur, India, February 2010.
- M. Murphy, B. Kagey, M. Fenn, and S. Goasguen. “Dynamic Provisioning of Virtual Organization Clusters.” 9th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid '09), Shanghai, China, May 2009. (21% acceptance rate)
- M. Murphy, M. Fenn, L. Abraham, J. Canter, B. Sterrett, and S. Goasguen. “Distributed Management of Virtual Cluster Infrastructures.” Fifth International Workshop on System Management Techniques, Processes, and Services (SMTPS '09), Rome, Italy, May 2009.
- M. Fenn, M. Murphy, and S. Goasguen. “A Study of a KVM-based Cluster for Grid Computing.” 47th ACM Southeast Conference (ACMSE '09), Clemson, SC, March 2009.
- M. Murphy, M. Fenn, and S. Goasguen “Virtual Organization Clusters.” 17th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing, Weimar, Germany, February 2009.
- M. Fenn, M. Murphy, J. Martin, and S. Goasguen. “An Evaluation of KVM for Use in Cloud Computing.” 2nd International Conference on the Virtual Computing Initiative (ICVCI '08), RTP, NC, May 2008.
- M. Fenn, L. Calderin, J. Nucciarone, and V. Argod. “Evaluation of iWARP versus InfiniBand Performance.” 15 Nov 2011. Available Online.
- M. Fenn, J. Holmes, and J. Nucciarone. “A Performance and Cost Analysis of the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Cluster Compute Instance.” 10 Aug 2010. Available Online.
- M. Fenn. “fs123: An Open-Source, Network Filesystem with Pervasive Caching.” LISA 19. 28 Oct 2019. Abstract.
- M. Fenn. “iWARP Performance Study.” 2012 Ethernet Alliance webinar series. 17 Oct 2012. Available Online.
- M. Fenn. “iWARP Learnings and Best Practices.” 2012 OpenFabrics Alliance International Workshop. 28 Mar 2012. Available Online.
- M. Fenn, V. Argod, and V. Agarwala. “A Vision for an Integrated Degree Program - a BA/BS and an MA/MS in Computational Science.” Supercomputing 2010. 15 Nov 2010. Available Online.
- National Science Foundation. “CC-NIE Network Infrastructure: Accelerating the Build-Out of a Dedicated Network for Education and Research in Big Data Science and Engineering”. 10 Sep 2012. Vijay Agarwala et al. PI, M. Fenn SRP. Total amount: $497,178.
start.txt · Last modified: 2022/12/26 20:55 by Michael Fenn